Monday 2 December 2013

Spells in Norwich

After a week in Portugal I whizzed back to England for a poetry workshop at the Writers' Centre in Norwich. I'd never been to Norwich before and had time to visit the Cathedral which is stunning. Why Norwich? I saw that Esther Morgan was giving a workshop and her book Grace is one of my favourite poetry books. I dip in and out of all the time. In fact I have two copies, one in London and one in Portugal as I got fed up with taking my copy backwards and forwards.
The theme of the workshop was Rituals and we also looked at writing Spells. It was a wonderful day in a fabulous house in the old centre of Norwich. I have a notebook full of ideas generated from this day with Esther. 
I started a spell poem on the bus in London yesterday when I got caught up in the snarl around Chelsea Football Club: Take 5 hairs from a player's leg/bubble in a vat of ivy/at the time of the World Cup/and chant  "off-side off-side". 
Off the subject, but, in my insomniac hours, I noticed that Magma has put a link to my poem '&' on Twitter, that is certainly a first for me and I'm chuffed. I just need to learn how to Tweet although I do have a Twitter account and cheer from the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Venice shrinking?

Is Venice shrinking?