Monday 21 December 2015

Newsflash!


I was very lucky to find out that Ruth O'Callaghan has started coming to Lisbon to give residential workshops. She has (brilliantly!) accepted to come and spend a day workshopping with our Stanza group. I'm also going to join in with one of her residential weeks and I'm looking forward to an interesting beginning to the New Year.

Last night I got back from a weekend in Barcelona which was a fun start to Christmas as the streets and squares were full of Christmas markets. It is a fabulous city but I never have enough time. This time I managed to get to the Picasso museum and the never-to-be-finished Sagrada Familia. I've been there before, but it's like a magnet over the city, and draws me in. Next time the Miro Foundation will be top of my list.

It's a quick change of suitcases before we set off for family in France tomorrow. I think it's meant to be a skiing holiday but there seems to be no snow. Portugal is basking in sunshine.

So Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year with lots of Poetry.

La Sagrada Familia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Venice shrinking?

Is Venice shrinking?