Tuesday 22 September 2020

London

 

Bowl by Leonora Lockhart with words
from my poem 'Loop'

I've been in London for 4 weeks now and it has been wonderful to catch up with my children and grandchildren who I hadn't seen for 6 months. I just managed to miss the need to quarantine when I arrived but was quite prepared to do so. London feels like a very different place and I'm not sure I like being here much. For me to say that is a rare thing. I was born and brought up in London and have always considered myself as a Londoner, but for the first time ever I find it depressing. I'm very careful where I go and find it so strange to dodge people on the pavements and am avoiding taking the underground. There are lots of boarded-up shops which is sad. 

On a high note I now have copies of my pamphlet 'Unfolded' which will be published in a few days. I would love to share 'Unfolded' with live readings, but that is out of the question for now. 

I am fighting with a new pc which has just downloaded my thousands of photographs in duplicate! I'm also fighting with this blog as the interface has changed and I can't find anything.

I go back to Portugal in two weeks time and am looking forward to it. I shall be loaded down with my pamphlets and all the books I've managed to buy to help me through winter. I'll probably self-quarantine when I arrive just to keep everyone safe.

I have all sorts of ideas for poems, another pamphlet on the go and also a poetry/art project so I feel happy about that and will enjoy the challenges.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Venice shrinking?

Is Venice shrinking?