Tuesday 5 July 2016

Suvaco do Cristo

Suvaco do Cristo
My poem Suvaco do Cristo (Christ's armpit) was one of the winners for the Poetry Society Members' Competition for the summer issue of Poetry News (Poetry Review). I'm delighted to have been chosen and loved writing the poem as it brought back so many memories of my years in Rio, an amazing place that will always be very special to me.

Another first, was a visit to Eel Pie Island for their open studios day. I just have to include a picture as it was such a wonderful place. I wonder what it's like to live there as I get the impression that it floods so I might have a hard time sleeping at night. I think that's just me trying not to admit that I would love to try spending time there and I'm sure it would be a great place to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Venice shrinking?

Is Venice shrinking?